30 Ekim 2010 Cumartesi

DIA Offers Places to Plug in Laptops

Free WiFi at the airport is great; facilities for laptop users makes it better

Last January, I reported that Denver International Airport was installing terminal-wide WiFi. Initially, there were not a lot of outlets, which created a problem for travelers concerned about running down their batteries. When I had time to check E-mail on Concourse B (now called "the B Gates") a few months ago, I sat on the floor with my back against a stainless-steel post that happened to have an outlet in it.

I recently flew from a C Gate at DIA, and while I didn't have time to go online myself, I was pleased to see high stainless-steel tables with lunch counter-style stools and outlets in the area that Southwest uses -- and of course, laptop-toting travelers were using them. They looked a little tight, but the phrase "looking a gift horse in the mouth" comes to mind. I don't know whether the other gate areas formerly known as concourses are similarly equipped. I hope so.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder