8 Ekim 2010 Cuma

Travel Apps for Cell Phones

Free and cheap iPhone applications for travelers

I think I have the most basic cell phone and service plan on earth. With my simple Nokia phone and pay-in-advance T-mobile plan, I prepay $100 for 1,000 minutes. The last recharge lasted me over 11 months. However, if I did spring for a more sophisticated communication device (like an iPhone), I'd install one of the applications for making travel information easier to obtain anywhere, anytime. USA Weekend made five suggestions for iPhone apps that it likes for travelers -- and by the way, they're accesible online too for mobile-phone Luddites like me:
  • AroundMe - Free app with localized happenings and resources.
  • Yelp - Also free and also localized info on restaurants, shops, events and more.
  • WorldMate - Free travel planner, including flight alert, maps, weather and much more.
  • Packing - There's all sorts of free packing information on the web, but for some reason, USA Weekend likes this 99-cent app.
  • FlightTrack (right) - Again, there are lots of free flight-trackers services out there, but USA Weekend picked this $4.99 version, which offers real-time status for flights from around the world, live weather radar updates, route maps and other information.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder