7 Ekim 2010 Perşembe

Times Reports Changes in Travel to Airports

Travelers' habits tilt toward frugality; join the club

I've noticed a real irony when urban travelers (OK, especially New Yorkers) who searched relentlessly for the cheapest air fares, hop in a cab to get to and from the airport once they have secured a low-cost airline ticket. I worship at the altar of frugality and especially watch my travel dollars, so I've been taking public transportation to and from airports for years. I'd rather splurge on a great meal and a nicer place to stay than spend money on a taxi that might be stuck in traffic while the meter ticks away.

In a New York Times business story, "More Fliers Skipping the Cab," reporter Jane L. Levere confined herself to reporting about transportation alternatives to New York's three airports (LaGuardia The Dreadful, Newark Across The Bay and JFK The Distant) and London's Heathrow and Gatwick. I've happily taken public transportation directly to/from terminals at all five of those airports.

I have also used public transportation to/from other airports and almost always use it to Denver International Airport. Occasionally, I travel by SuperShuttle van, but more often than not, I use RTD's SkyRide, the public bus between downtown Boulder or the Table Mesa Park & Ride. The one-way fare is $12 (exact change). The bus goes every hour from Boulder. Youngsters 15 and under ride free, and age 65-plus is half price. From closer-in stops and/or other routes, the regular fare is as low as $8 and as frequent as every 15 minutes.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder