25 Mart 2011 Cuma

Dominica Bus Accident Injures Cruise Passengers

Celebrity Summit passengers on shore excursion injured when bus went off the road

I got an E-mail from friends who are on a short Caribbean cruise with the message, "Hi -- we are having a great time. One of the excursions in Dominica came to a bad end yesterday, but we were not involved. Just in case it made the news I want to reassure you that we are fine. Cruising is all that it is made out to be."

Of course, I immediately Googled the incident and found a USA Today report headlined, "Sixteen Cruise Ship Passengers Injured in Bus Accident on Dominica." According to the report, "The guests had signed up for the 'Caribbean Cooking Adventure' shore excursion, in which they joined local culinary experts to learn how to prepare and present traditional Caribbean dishes. The three-and-a-half hour tour concludes with a scenic drive through [the capital city of Roseau] before returning to the pier."

As I wrote recently, I felt as if I dodged the proverbial bullet in Cairo by crossing Hussein Square and visiting the Khan al-Khalili shortly before Sunday's explosion, and I "almost" dodged the bullet here too. If I had been on that ship, that's the shore excursion I would have selected.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder