16 Nisan 2011 Cumartesi

Flying the WiFi Skies

Alaska Airlines testing inflight WiFi

Thanks to Harriet Baskas' post on her Stuck at the Airport blog, I now wish I were flying on Alaska Airlines soon -- or at least on the single Boeing 737-700 aircraft where inflight WiFi is being tested. I visualize myself writing blog posts, checking Email and even wandering around the Internet since security regulations no longer let passengers wander around planes. And I could do it for free during the test period, Baskas reports, in exchange for filling out a survey about the service. The airline is even sending out a daily Tweet indicating which routes the WiFi testcraft is flying -- not that it matters too much, because you're either on that plane or not.

Baskas recently wrote "Flying the WiFi Skies" for MSNBC.com on the baby steps the airline industry has taken thus for into the WiFi world aloft.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder